Southwest Pathology Services (SPS) was formed in 2012, and is a joint venture between Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and private sector partners – Integrated Pathology Partnerships (iPP). SPS delivers full laboratory services to a population of 500,000 patients and over 100 GP practices in Somerset.
SPS brings together the skills and experience of its partners and their parent companies to strengthen the quality, delivery and efficiency of pathology services, providing:
- fully accredited, modern, refurbished, central laboratories.
- new, state of the art equipment;
- optimised layouts that ensure the most efficient use of time and resources;
- industry tested, robust IT systems that are fully integrated and utilised between laboratories and referral sites; and
- deployment of international best working practices that deliver efficiency savings